Monday, December 04, 2006

Ear invaders get ready to face revenge!

The newest assignment: Create your own Podcast about a topic that will be provided to you.

Though we haven't started on this project just as yet, we're all very curious and excited about it. To complete this assignment we'll be using the program "Audacity." Once you download this program from sourceforge.net, you'll have a fully functional recording studio right at your fingertips! This sounded like a lot of fun so I downloaded Audacity this weekend.

I spent sometime experimenting with Audacity, I found the Karaoke version for a song and had my sister sing over it. After that I experimented with different songs and effects. I tried speeding up and slowing the song down, fading, and adding an echo. These are just a few basic features available with Audacity but there is truly a lot more that you can do.

Also, last class we shared our discoveries about Microsoft Word. Most of the ones presented I have already listed but there were some new ones that Mr. Case showed us how to use effectively.

No comments: