Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Finding Independance...

Our newest assignment is perhaps the strangest of all. We've been asked to move out of our parents' houses and start living on our own! We have to support ourselves, which means finding a job and planning a budget! And you thought your homework was tough?

All right...I am exaggerating the matter quite a bit but I can't say I'm lying because we have been asked to find ourselves a job and plan out a budget. Only it's just an example and we don't really have to get a job! The goal is to learn how to manage our finances well and while doing so increase our ability to learn and use skill on Microsoft Excel.

I've chosen to be a Web Designer and I will be paid $25/hour! It sure sounds like a lot but doing this project I realized that there are so many expenses we need to take care of! Nothing comes cheap, so I'm glad I'm preparing for the future! If we can learn how to handle money right now our futures are sure to turn out well!

No comments: