Monday, March 26, 2007

Recently we were assigned a project. We were required to create our own website using Dreamweaver MX that advertised Woodbine. We aren't actually publishing our websites due to limited bandwidth and other technicalities but they need to operate just like a real website from the computer they are saved on.

Today's the day this project is due, and I've luckily managed to finish. It wasn't easy however, there were many problems that had to be solved before I got to my final product. Here I would like to discuss the problems I encountered and how I had to go about solving them.

Navigation: Simple and to the point navigation is key to any successful website. There are many ways you can choose to do your navigation on Dreamweaver but I was set on having a custom header with my navigation links on it. So, once I had created my header I had to slice it up into different sections and link the different parts accordingly.

Resolution: The screen resolution was another problem for me. At home I use a widescreen monitor so the screen resolution is very different from the monitors at school. I had to guess at the screen resolution for the school monitors and build my website according to that. Currently my website works fine on the resolution 800x600 but unfortunately that isn't the resolution for the monitors at school! Well, I've been told that it's okay for now.

Those are two of the main problems I had to deal with and now that I've learned from them, they're sure to help me out in the future when I perform similar tasks.

No comments: